Swain Funeral Home is one of the older established businesses in Baxley.
In the early 1900s, Mr. W. W. Morris owned The Morris Undertaking Co. Mr. Morris' niece, Lillie Johnson Morris, married Warren E. Swain Sr. who then became a partner of the funeral home & the name was changed to Morris-Swain. After the death of Mr. Morris in 1930, the business continued for a short time.
When Warren E. Swain, Jr. returned home from serving in the Air Force following World War II, he attended Cincinnati Mortuary College and became a mortician. Then, with his wife Ruth (White) Swain by his side, he restarted the family business as Swain Funeral Home in 1948.
Swain Funeral Home was first located in the W. W. Morris house but in 1972 relocated to its current location on U. S. Highway 1 North of Baxley where fourth generation family member, Wesley W. Swain and his staff continue to serve the community with the highest quality of service.